My Daisy Chain

phired

Hey,
If I have 2 LX20's linked together in a daisy chain, how would I run those into a computer? Would the Alesis ADAT/Edit PCI card be sufficient? The specs of the card say that it takes 8 tracks of audio, but with the daisy chain I have 16. Any advice?

-Kevin

Oh boy....

I will save you a lot of hassle and frustration.

Don't buy that Alesis card. It is one of the worst working soundcards on the planet, and chances are , you will be yet another person who bought, tried like hell to get it to work the way the advertise it will, couldn't get it to, took it back then asking on here what card WILL work.

I have not heard anything bad about the MOTU 2408. Yes, a lot more money, but at least it works.

Good luck.

Ed

Maybe.... what are the specs on your computer? SCSI or EIDE? CPU, RAM, software you are running, multi HD's - partitioned etc. etc. If you have a powerful and recorder dedicated computer with powerful software and not a consumer altered box to accomodate multitrack/mastering you stand a chance - a good one. W/O the necessary "goods" Ed is 100% correct, dropkick that card. AGAIN, with that Alesis PCI card when it syncs it syncs (therfore it works and you have $$$ ALOT of $$$ in a DAW that is system tweeked for multi recording, external modem etc etc) and if it don't sync it STINKS, cuz it ain't gonna work!

Back