More Drum Patterns for the SR-16

JohnnyMan

I am quite happy with the drum patterns on the SR-16 but where can I find more?

I am a bass and guitar player who doesn’t know much about drumming and creating drum patterns. I have relied heavily on the internal patterns that come with the SR-16 but I want more to choose from.

Does anyone know where I can get more?

John

Yo JM:

Don't think you can get any more patches for the SR16 -- it's an older type drum box.

You can, however, refer to the manual and do some sound stacking, page 59 of the manual.

The box is not that hard to program but it does take time to sit there and punch in each measure the way you'd like it.

You might want to snoop around and see what "other" drum machines might do for you. I use the Boss 770 it has very good sound and other features not found on the SR-16.

Green Hornet

Thanks Green Hornet. The drum patterns on the SR-16 can be stored to midi so they can be transferable. Do you know of a source for midi drum patterns?

The things I like a lot about the SR-16 patterns are the fills and there is a 2nd "associated" pattern with each main pattern.

John

Yo JM:

Since I don't do midi, I can't help you much. However, you might try a search here and on the net to see what comes up.

Have a great season.

Green Hornet:D

Thanks for the suggestion GH.

I am somewhat new to forums. I really enjoy the camaraderie that "posters" share here. I'm sure I'll find more patterens.

John

Back