Monitor Alesis M1 Active

Luzer

Hi everyone !

I have just started to look (listen) to some monitors and wonder if someone here have the M1 Active from Alesis. I listen to these today and was very lucky until I played a cd with much lowfrequenses. I heard some sort of bad sound inside the monitors, something like a snaredrum with "shakes" when it is much bass in the room. Have anyone else notice this or was it something wrong with the monitors I was listen to ?

And a second question, I have the Studio 32 mixertable, have anyone A-B tested the preamps in this to anything else ? What do u think about the preamps ?

Alesis makes some decent gear, but monitors aren't one of them.... try Yorkvilles, Events, JBLs, Tannoys, DynAudio, KRK, ADAM....

Depends on your budget... etc...

Bruce

I also have a pair of these and love them! They were the best bi-amped monitors I could find in the under-$500.00 (US) price range.

I have not noticed any odd and/or foreign noises coming from the pair that I purchased. I work with pounding, bass-heavy music (heavy metal) and drums and haven't heard anything yet.

I purchased a set of these dense-foam monitor isolation things that help isolate the speakers from everything else. They really help keep the monitors from vibrating the console their mounted on....

Perhaps you're hearing noises caused from the input cables/wires or something that's vibrating on whatever you have them sitting on?

-Mr. Moon

Back