LX20 - Record Function is Locked ... Help!

amit_work

I am new to the ADAT game. I just bought the LX20 and I can get everything working until the recording part. Signal is going through, etc, but when I try to record, it tells me that it is locked. It just plays the cassette without putting it into record mode. I looked through the manuals and nothing is in there. Anyone know how to unlock it?

Er, the "locked" icon represents SYNC status (as in "locked in sync") - it's a useful indication only if you have more than one machine hooked together. It has nothing to do with recording status.

To enable recording, you must first format your tape (unless you use the pre-formatted ones), then hit REC and PLAY together... the RECORD button will show a red light indicating it is recording (as well as the normal green light in the PLAY button).

Bruce Valeriani
Blue Bear Sound

Ahh ... okay ...I feel stupid now. I did actually buy two LX20's and I hooked up the sync cable without hooking up the second machine. I guess I forgot to take it out. The machine is probably expecting a second LX20, but there isn't one in the chain.

I wanted to get one machine working before I bothered with connecting the second one. Thanks! I'll try it out.

Actually, you're both wrong. Of course, being a guy, I didn't read the manual. Later, I found that there are a couple init stages before you get to the recording part of the tape. They're called, "Leader" and "Data". I never waited to get passed there and so it obviously didn't let me record. I guess that teaches me to read the manuals instead of assumming things.

Thanks anyway folks!

Ok... if you're going to be technical about it - BK and I were not "wrong" (since the things we mentioned are quite true!) But I'm glad you got your problem solved!

:D

Bruce

is there a faster way to get to the time code table when recording on a new preformatted tape.

I did the same thing. I could not get my lx20 to record until i fastforwarded to the time code part.

thank you!!!!

Thanks man, I don't even think that is in the manual. I searched and couldn't find it! I think it could have been written better. oh well.

I love this forum!!!!!!!!!!!

Back