help! HD24 and FTP file transfers

HangDawg

bUnGhOlIo
I recorded my bands live show last Saturday. I came out pretty good and now I want to transfer it to PC. I don't have the fireport yet so I need to do it via FTP. Problem is, it keeps locking up the HD24. It will transfer a file then the next one will stop somewhere in the middle. I can't even get it out of server mode without powering down. They are pretty large files (574MB) but that shouldn't matter. What the hell is going on? Anyone else get this kind of behavior?

Hmmm. I don't normally do ftp transfers as they're too slow (I use Lightpipe through a MOTU) but I have and have not had a problem. Have you done all the OS upgrades for the HD24?

Blue Bear Sound said:
Get a Fireport -- you'll wonder how come you didn't get it sooner........!

That is my intention as soon as I get the extra cash. :D I know it's only like $200 but I've avoided paying the bills long enough and spent lots of cash this year on gear.

I did update the OS last night so we'll see how that goes. There were some fixes in the release notes that mentioned FTP problems with very large songs.

FirePort is great!! There is a slight problem if you are running Panther OSX 10.3.4 the software is failing. Has anyone experienced these issues? I have to call Alesis support on Monday to let them know.

Back