HD24 want record

deepwater

I tried recording with my HD24 yesterday and it would not record. It would get signal, tracks would arm and flash red, I'd press play/record and armed track would go solid red and time would count. However, when I'd play back there was nothing. I could monitor the output of the HD24 while recording and get signal but nothing would play back. I tried recording in both digi mode and analog with the same results. So to sum it up the recording is working and behaving as if all is working, but when you play back there is nothing.

Please help

Are the meters for each track registering a signal? (Both when recording AND playing back?)

If so - then the problem is in the way you are monitoring from the outputs.....

the meters show signal when recording like normal. I even get signal when monitoring the outputs. However when I play back there is no signal nor sound. The recorder acts as if it's recording armed track are solid red record button is red. It just not putting anything on desk or something. I tried removing the HD and reinserting it did the restart thing. I don't have a clue.

Sounds like you don't have the HD24 in Auto Input mode. Is the result still the same when you disarm the tracks?

Back