Hd24 Hard Drives??

getgo

Just got my HD24 yesterday, I thought it shipped with a 20g hard drive but it is only a 10g. Not enought space to transfer an existing adat project to. Where do you guys get your hard drives? (ie, best deals) Also, I have heard some don't work as well with the HD24. Thanks in advance

It's not picky -- I bought a bunch of basic 40gig, 7200 drives (Maxtor, Western Digital) and they all work fine.......

And it DOES come with a 20 gig.... what makes you think you got 10? (20 gig gives you about 1.5-2 hours or so)

You know BBS, I scanned through things a little quickly and thought for sure it stated it was a 10g, I had read that they ship with a 20g as well. I will report later as to why I think it is a 10g, Thanks for the info!

Well BBS, I knew I was right! (well not really, I thought I was right) I get home and pull out the owners manual and right there on page 3 under important features it states,"The HD24 ships with two drive caddies, one loaded with a 10-gigabyte hard drive which will yield approximately 45 minutes of 24-track recording time at 24-bit/48 kHz, and the other ready for you to install your own drive in." I guess I gotta get a 20g drive to transfer my project. Anybody know where a good place to get one is?

Any computer store...
do they even sell 20 gig drives anymore? my guess would be sinc they're pretty much obsolete, you'd be better off getting a 40, 60, 0r 80 gig drive. In fact, I did a quick search for prices on the web, and I don't think you'd save more than 5 bucks between a 40 and a 20 gig drive... most of the 20 gigs I saw online were much more expensive than the higher capacities... probably due to obsolescence...

Hey getgo.. It says it ships with a 10GB drive in all manuals.. Still, most (all?) of us here got it with a 20GB drive... Check for "HD free space" in the upper right corner of the display. As Bruce said, 20 gig gives you about 1.5-2 hours or so.

Actually that may make sense... it's expensive to replace a whole set of manuals, but I suspect that 10-gig drives were the most cost-effective max at the time the manuals were printed -- and they now ship with 20gig because that's now the most cost-effective (can you even buy 10gig drives now?)

Check your capacity (time remaining) that should give you some indication -- unless you've got an older unit........!

Very Cool! It shipped with a 20g and I have transfered my old project over and it is GREAT!! I can't wait to try some "live" tracking today.

Back