HD24 is and drives

PatF

I recently brought my hd24 in from the garage and connected it to my behringer x32 rack via light pipes the ad at card. Works well. So I have 2 questions. Does anyone know the difference between is 1.20 and 1.21. Curious because mine is on 1.20 and I am wondering if I should spend time cashing 1.21 since there isn't much info on the HD24 out there anymore.
Question 2 I have 4 HD caddies and can't find the list of compatible hard drives anywhere. So I am looking for info on what hard drives I should look for. I understand that se abate have been noted as the most reliable, but don't know what models and sizes to look for. Thanks in advance for any information anyone feels like sharing.

It's been a while ..Goggle helps.
I never paid attention to what rev I had (have'.. still back there somewhere :>)
IDE drives ..although I recall in the 'HD24 user group they had figured out how to adapt it to newer drives. I still have several drives, standard Western Digis.. (used the same or similar IDE caddies in my DAWs for a long time.
..se abate drives?
There's lots of infp out there.
You grabbed the manual presumably?

Alesis HD24XR w/SSD or USB drives?? - Gearslutz

It's been a while ..Goggle helps.
I never paid attention to what rev I had (have'.. still back there somewhere :>)
IDE drives ..although I recall in the 'HD24 user group they had figured out how to adapt it to newer drives. I still have several drives, standard Western Digis.. (used the same or similar IDE caddies in my DAWs for a long time.
..se abate drives?
There's lots of infp out there.
You grabbed the manual presumably?

Alesis HD24XR w/SSD or USB drives?? - Gearslutz
He probably meant Seagate? I owned 2 HD24s and was under the impression any IDE drive would work, not like the competitors, one reason Tascam and Mackie were not as successful. I am no expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

The update fixes a couple of minor bugs, but having updated both of my machines quite some years ago, I really didn't find all that much difference --- well not in my case anyway

After the update the HD24 will read material that was recorded on the old OS, but under no circumstances should you do a recording after the update on any hard drive that has material recorded using the old OS, as the previously recorded material will now not read, even if you revert the HD24 to the old OS. Not sure why this is but it definitely is the case.

David

Years ago I did all the updates on my HD and also BRC so the would "kinda" play nice together.

Back