HD24 - Combine digital and analog sources?

ultrajosh

I have an Alesis HD24. I also have a Presonus Digimax LT, which is an 8 channel preamp with optical lightpipe ADAT i/o (as well as analog i/o). I'd like to be able to record 8 tracks into the HD24 via lightpipe, then simultaneously use the other channels as analog inputs for my old-school analog preamps. Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to choose one or the other input type?

Really??? .....

That blows.

I just got a Panasonic DA-7 console for a steal and wanted to set it up with 2 ADAT cards and 1 ADDA card to use with the ADAT-HD so I could buss out to analog gear and then SPDIF the 2 buss to the box for burning.

Crap.

I was really psyched up to get the ADAT-HD but now I'm not so sure.

-mike

You actually can mix the two with the newer OS. You have to go into the setup menu and choose what input you want for each stereo pair. So for example, you might have channels 1-8 be analog, and 9 & 10 be digital. But when you go to put the inputs on different channels, you again have go into the menu and switch each. It's a bitch. I wish they would make a mode that totally separated the A/D and D/A also, so you could easily track to a computer and listen through a board, but i don't see that coming anytime soon.

Brandon

Back