HD 24s

made me laugh. Is he still using it? I am thinking of hooking all my stuff back up. I have all decent outboard equipment but haven't recorded anything in quite a while.

I still have one and use it for quick & dirty monitoring from my computer or if I've used all 24 tracks on my RADAR 24 and need 2 tracks to mix. I'm all right with the sound but I hate doing production on it alone because the BRC sucks as a controller.

I have a couple of Yamaha O2r boards to run with it. Light pipe connections with adat cards in the board. I was usually running around 8 to 10 mics at a time. Now it's just me.

I use mine for occasional live recording. It's nice not having to deal with a computer, no monitor/keyboard/mouse, and you can stack other stuff (like a mixer) on it. I don't use it for anything else. I even got a Firewire 400/800 PCIe card for my modern computer to make transfers easy.

I lived in Bolder for awhile back in the 80s. We, as a band rented like a million dollar house on Toedtli Drive. (Spelling?, it has been a few years.) What a scene that was. Stories like "Night of the Living Bed." The neighbors are probably still talking about us lol.

I lived in Bolder for awhile back in the 80s. We, as a band rented like a million dollar house on Toedtli Drive. (Spelling?, it has been a few years.) What a scene that was. Stories like "Night of the Living Bed." The neighbors are probably still talking about us lol.

That's actually the right spelling. I hadn't heard of that street, probably because it's kind of short and I don't go into that neighborhood much. What was the band? I might actually have heard of it.

To tell the truth, I don't even remember the name. We played loads of house parties, way more than bars.

I've had one for about 10 years. Just bought a second one this weekend; want to see if I can link them to make a 48 track recorder.

I've had one for about 10 years. Just bought a second one this weekend; want to see if I can link them to make a 48 track recorder.

I'm pretty sure you can but don't know the lash-up or protocol. The info is probably online. Ask the HD24 users group.

I have two fully synced together and use them on a daily basis and will continue to do so until they die. They are fed by my digital desk. which I will also keep until it dies. At that time I will probably throw in the sound recording towel !!!!!!!

Only problem is that Alesis had major financial difficulties before the HD24 version of the ADAT BRC unit was released and the ADAT BRC really doesn't work too well with the HD24.

David

I use two. One where my band practices and one at home in the studio. I REALLY like these

I have two fully synced together and use them on a daily basis and will continue to do so until they die. They are fed by my digital desk. which I will also keep until it dies. At that time I will probably throw in the sound recording towel !!!!!!!

Only problem is that Alesis had major financial difficulties before the HD24 version of the ADAT BRC unit was released and the ADAT BRC really doesn't work too well with the HD24.

David
The BRC kludge is the reason why I ditched mine for a RADAR 24.

Back