Control Pad - can't play two notes at once?!

iwasborn

Hey all

I recently bought a control pad. it's lovely, cheap, and exactly what i need to augment an acoustic kit live.

however, big problem - it doesn't seem to like playing two pads at once. i've messed with the velocity, sensitivity, and threshold functions but nothing seems to fix this particular (and gigantic) problem. if you sit there hitting two pads as tightly as possible, i'd say it triggers both samples 25% of the time, and one or the other 75%. the only solution my drummer has come up with is to very quickly flam any hit that requires hitting two pads at once.

i'd love to hear if anyone has a better solution via settings on the control pad, or if this is possibly a malfunctioning unit? is this a basic MIDI issue? it seems like it can't send two notes at once.

best
b

ps i'm triggering samples via ableton live on a macbook pro, though i doubt that is the culprit.

wow, no good.

I recently got one and it triggers 2 pads at the same time just fine. I'd see if there are any updates/drivers/etc... first. Then try it on a different software program. What are you currently using?

How are you connecting it to the computer as well?

Back