Alesis Quadraverb

DarkAngel

Hi,
I have some problems with my Quad...
When I turn it on all that I see on display is 'Alesis Corporation' and 'Quadraverb'.These two things change between themselves,and nothing comes up.This happened after I tried to store some patches.Is there a short somewhere?

I don't know...I got it from a friend who programmed and played it just few days before.So it could be a battery issue?

Yeah, these high-falutin' computerized gagdets have a lithium battery in 'em for memory backup...You're supposed to get a message when the batt's low, but I've had equipment that "forgets" to tell ya...

I'd go for the lowest (cheapest) denominator and try a new battery...After that, unless you have a scope and electronics degree, you'll need a tech... :(

I'm not sure though...There may be a way to "re-boot" the Quad...

Eric

Factory Reset
To initialize all programs and settings to their factory defaults:

1)Turn off the QV.
2)Press and hold the PROGRAM and BYPASS buttons.
3)Turn on the QV's power while still holding the PROGRAM and BYPASS buttons.
4)When the QV displays the edit buffer batch, you can release the buttons.

Yup, it might need a new battery too.

Well, hate to slow ya down, but dont expect to just open the hood and swap out the battery.

If it's anything like all the other proprietary stuff Alesis dumped on the market, the battery is soldered in.....and you wont be able to buy a new one at Radio Shack, you'll have to search for the exact match online. Do a search, there is another thread specifically about finding batteries for Alesis gear. Do a search on HR16 or SR16 (HR-16, SR-16, similar syntax) and you should find it right away.

Back