Alesis Masterlink

johnnyz

Just purchased one used on ebay ,everything seems to be working fine ,but man it's a bit noisey,the displays says i have 20 hours of record time,this must be the original drive ,i updated the os to 2.21,can i purchase a quieter drive? and if so which one? thanks in advance jz:)

Just purchased one used on ebay ,everything seems to be working fine ,but man it's a bit noisey,the displays says i have 20 hours of record time,this must be the original drive ,i updated the os to 2.21,can i purchase a quieter drive? and if so which one? thanks in advance jz:)

The Masterlink is a bit noisy, yes. I don't think you can get 'quieter' drives, can you?

Masterlink

I am trying to contact alesis to see if the newer models have quieter drives,how old is your masterlink and what size harddrive to you have.jz

It's about 4 years old, with the original hard drive. I can't say I've ever heard of a 'quieter' hard drive - HD's are noisy by nature, aren't they? That said, compared to the Alesis HD24 Masterlink's pretty quiet, so I'm wondering if you might not have a problem actually. Sure, when my Masterlink boots up, it makes all manner of noises/rattles, but then settles down to a pleasant purr; unlike the HD24, whose fan is pretty 'blowy,' the cure for which is to replace the stock fan with a quieter one.

Back