Alesis control pad..?

Red_0ne1

So, I just purchased one of these doods. Alesis control pad. :confused:It's on its way. It's main purpose is going to be triggering samples of sorts, and putting electronic drum sounds over live music, via my laptop, and external soundcard. I bought it because I didn't want a sampler, I need a more live feel attached to my drumkit. I was wondering.. Can I use it with DAW's like FL 9 and Reason 4? Ideally I would like a couple of synthy loops, or sounds to play on two of the left pads, and an electro/house sounding kit on the right 4 pads. Does anyone have suggestions how I would do this in either FL or Reason? If I need extra equipment for looping just say so, But I'd like to stick with what I've got.

Yeah, it should be fine. I'm not familiar with FL, but as long as it can take midi signals, be it notes, CC's, or program changes, then it should be fine. I got mine in the mail the other day and it's great so far. I found that I need to hit it pretty hard to get the dynamics going on percussion, so I adjusted the sensitivity, and now it's much better. I've only had it for less than a week, but it's great so far.

For looping, you would need to use the software, the Control Pad simply sends midi messages. So the midi messages could trigger loops, and the loops would have to be set up in the software you use.

Back