Alesis 3630 Question

RD423

I have a question for anyone who can help I am thinking about getting the alesis 3630 and I was wondering would this be a good addition because I read that it has a compressor, a limiter, and a gate. The compressor I have right now is Joemeek vc6q so would the alesis be better than this one

Thanks Blue Bear I'm glad you responded when you did because the auction on ebay ends today and I was gonna bid on it well can anyone refer a good compressor that has the limiter and the gate on it at a reasonable price because the joemeek vc6q does not have a limiter or a gate

I have a 3630 it is fine for the price.

Don't they say good compression you can't hear? What kinda crap is that? If that's the case I can take everything outta the 3630 put in some jelly donuts change it to 6969 and make millions on it? :eek:

Jimmie said:
I have a 3630 it is fine for the price.
I disagree completely...........

Jimmie said:
Don't they say good compression you can't hear? What kinda crap is that? If that's the case I can take everything outta the 3630 put in some jelly donuts change it to 6969 and make millions on it? :eek:
I have no idea what you're trying to say.... does that paragraph come with a map???

The 3630 is very poorly made in Taiwan. It is one the casualties of Alesis outsourcing. Their USA made vintage Micro Limiter sounds better to my ears. Very sad.

However if you're handy with a soldering iron and enjoy this kind of stuff (which I do) you can make some improvements.

http://www.recording.org/e-mag/article_81.shtml

:cool:

Well I have found something that works better than a compressor I stated that I have the joemeek vc6q I traded it with my cousin for his phantom power because running a akg c2000b into the signal flex phantom power(very cheap) into the tascam 428 using nuendo 2 and then I would compress with the waves bundle and it gave me a better sound than what I was getting with the compressor because I didn't have xlr output on the compressor so it was xlr to 1/4 inch plug but now with the phantom power its xlr to xlr and it sounds so much better

Back