3630 or Nano?

Mike

I'm in need of a compressor strictly for voiceover work. I've heard good things about the 3630 but don't know anybody who has used the Nano Compressor. Will the Nano be sufficient for V/O's?

I got a nano when I bought the Studio Pack. I didn't like it at all. I still use it, but only for slightly compressing certain individual instruments during recording. I ended up buying a behringer compressor for everything else.

I've owned both - I like the 3630 better because A: Built in Noise Gate and B: actually fits in the rack. (NanoCompressors are 1/3, but damned if I know how to mount them into a rack)

For the few extra bucks, the 3630 gives you the extra bit or two that make it worth it. - But I haven't used a behringer, so I can't provide input on that.

The Behringer Composer also has a built in noise gate. Trust me when I say (I own both an Alesis and an Behringer, got the Alesis for next to nothing) that the Behringer is a much better compressor by a long shot. Basically it is an exact rip off of a $1000 Drawmer compressor/limiter.

The Composers Peak Limiting is outstanding, and the compressor is really clean, and when used right, very transparent.

Don't waste your money on a Alesis compressor.

Ed Rei
Echo Star Studio www.echostarstudio.com

Back