MPC's...

Ridickolas

I know some of you must know...

I wanna get an MPC, to replace computers, it just seems a better more creative way to do it. But I want to get an MPC4000, but they don't sell it in UK. Know any online places got it? Or if your English, know any shops which sell them?

Nick

I know its all opinion but imo I think FL studio can be just as creative if not more then a mpc it all depends on how u use it and finding your way of working with it......

but as far as your question goes I would say check some of the big retailers i.e guitar center, musiciansfriend, zzounds, etc and see if they ship international...... if they dont I would be surprised if Sweetwater didnt

different idea. MPC1000, u can plug a turntable into that right? is the 1000 standalone, or does it have to be plugged into a computer or something. say ive got a beat down on an mpc1000, and wanna put it on cd, or on a computer, can i do that?

all of the MPC's can be used as a standalone machine so long as u have a way to hear what your doing... meaning some kind of monitoring chain...... and u can connect the 500 and 1000 to computer by USB..... i dont kno about anything over the 1000 though I pretty sure it would be about the same.....

yh thanks man, simple enought, just plug in a pair of powered monitors into the stereo out.

Yeah, that's right!

A mixer with monitors or even headphones too!

FL and Reason are (2) computer based software that gets alot of "Bigups"...
But you cannot go wrong with any of the MPC's (depending on your need)....
MPC's are a very, very, very , very......Did I say VERY? Very unique and special piece of equipment, especially when it comes to sampling. The sky is the limit......You can use it as a sequencer too! Read up on it!

There are tons of articles and other forums that can break things down for you.

I know what Fyre is saying: I have Reason and FL too! And they bother serve their purpose. But I have an MPC 2500 that serves its purpose as well! Like ALL musical equipment, it is all about what you're trying to do!
But I'll be the first to tell you my MPC is a "BEAST"!!!!! Buy keep in mind, I am not taking a damn thing away from Fruity Loops or Reason, they're Beasts as well!

Last edited:
Man Now I want a MPC again ahaha..... naw im good wit FL for now..... I use FL for all my samples and I like it for drums to basically its like my MPC and i use reason for original compositions Like its my Workstation Keyboard......

Actually, I am getting rid of my 2500. (I need loot right now!) But when times get better, I'll cop another one!
But yeah, that FL/Reason combo is ill..............

If u still wanna cop a MPC go for the MPC2500. The MPC1000 has those pad issues(they do have a fix/replacement) which is jus to much trouble to go through imho. Have you ever considered the MV-8000/8800?

Nicole

yh i have actually, thing is, i wont be getting anything for a while (a year, maybe even 2) if i really consider my budget, but i can only get the roland mv 8000/8800 from the usa, and the shipping will be expensive, so when i get one, probably gonna be mpc2500

Back