Mpc200xl, roland xv-3080, Proteus 2k and Mbox2

360_muzik

O.K., so thats the gear I own along with a 4 chan mixer , m-audio 2x2 interface and oxygen 61 controller. What I want to do is control the two sound modules with the oxygen 61 controller and sequence everything through the mpc (which I also use for drums) and record everything into protools. My current setup is as follows. I have the oxygen controller midi out going to the mpc midi input #1. I have the mpc midi out A going to midi in A on the m-audio 2x2 interface. From the interface, Output A goes to midi in on the xv-3080 module. Output B on the interface goes to Input A on the proteus 2K sound module. As for audio. I have the output of both modules routed throught the mixer. The audio output on the mixer is audio input 1 on the mbox2. The mpc is audio input number 2 on the mbox. currently I can play module 1 (xv-3080) with no problem using the controller. I can not play module number 2 without disconnecting it an plugging in the first input (A) from the midi interface. Is there a way to chain the two devices???? And if so what channel will module number 2(Proteus 2k) be on???? (the Xv-3080 plays on 1A). The xv-3080 module has mIDI IN, OUT AND THRU. The Proteus 2000 module has Midi A input and output and thru and also a midi B input and output. Im not sure how to set up the MIDI connection to the Mbox2.???? I,m not even sure If I need the 2X2 interface??? I'm not that good with midi, so i'm stuck right now!!!! I can record audio in protools for about 10 secs before I get an error message about increasing and decreasing the buffer size for my hardware, but thats for next time and another forum. I need to get my midi connections straight first???? Any help would be appreciated.

Back