mpc2000xl/korg trinity/digi002..setup...help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MEDDAHMORPHOSIS

midi is just like a "yo i am here son holla" and the audio cables send the sound...i have the 3/4 cables connected from audio out on mpc and input 7 and 8 on digi 002 and output 2/r, 1/l/mono from korg trynity to digi input 5 and 6.....the korg trynity when i play it in a midi track in protools the meter starts jumping up and down when i press recored it shows dots as a midi track being recorded but no sound coming out.....when i put the digi 002 in stand alone mode not digitial with the protools program i can hear the keyboard/ and mpc 2000 xl as i play it .....so i am saying it has to be a setting in protools and for the mp it has to be a setting in there and of course protools :O(...help!

One at a time.

The Korg:

Pro Tools has to be configured to see the Korg properly. Is you midi setup page set as to recognize the Korg and your midi interface?

Each midi track in the session must have a midi input and a midi output. If your midi setup is configured the input would in most circumstances be set to "Korg All". The output of the midi track should be set to most likely Korg 1 corresponding to the patch you choose in the keyboard.

The aux track you setup to monitor the keyboard itself will be set to "input" 5 and 6.

The "Local" on and off switch inside your Korg MUST be set to OFF

peace and blessings

i was online one day and i looked up my problem with all this stuff and i found this website and here is the info that i used

travelin travis
Banned

First, I have requested from the webmaster permission for a sticky (a permanent post at the top of the thread) on basic MIDI and the differences in MIDI/audio. I hope he allows it because most of the MIDI questions around here are usually pretty simple and could be easily answered by a simple sticky. Yours is a little more complicated though.

So you want to be able to:

1. send sound from the MPC to computer
2. send sound from the Triton to computer
3. use the MPC as your main controller
4. use the Triton to control soft synths/soft samplers from the computer
5. use the Triton to control the MPC via midi sequences.

I hope I have that right. Although you said you want to use the MPC as your main controller, you really seem to be using the Triton as your main controller. Maybe I'm missing something here though.

The short answer is that each device has MIDI in/out capability. You can use any device to control another. For example, you could use the Triton to control the MPC and record the MIDI sequence with Pro Tools with a MIDI track. Upon playback in Pro Tools, the MIDI track will playback the MIDI info which will control the MPC. If the MPC's audio out's are connected to the Digi's audio in's, you can record the sound from the MPC to an audio track in Pro Tools as the MIDI track is playing and controlling the MPC.

And the long answer..........I would sugguest connecting everything so that you can control all devices with any device. In other words, you could control the MPC and Pro tools via the Triton, control the Triton and Protools via the MPC, and control the Triton and MPC via Pro Tools. You'll be covered all the way around.

The simplest way I can think of to do that would be to connect:

1. Digi MIDI out 1 to the MPC MIDI in
2. Digi MIDI out 2 to the Triton MIDI in
3. MPC MIDI out 1 to the Triton MIDI thru
4. Triton MIDI out to the Digi MIDI in
5. MPC audio out to the Digi audio in
6. Triton audio out to the Digi audio in

Optionally, and what most people would probably sugguest is to get an additional MIDI interface for your computer and connect the MPC MIDI out to the interface MIDI in rather than going thru the Triton MIDI thru port. You only need 1 additional MIDI in to avoid using the Triton's MIDI thru. Something like the MIDISport would probably be fine. I would hook up the Triton to the Digi first and get that working properly before adding in the MPC or vice versa.

In Pro Tools, you will route the Digi's MIDI in/outs to the MIDI tracks and if your using soft synths/samplers you will need to choose those as your MIDI outs. Also, make sure that any MIDI track you are using is on the same MIDI channel as the device that you are controlling or controlling with.

out of everything that you said to me this is the only thing that made sense to me "The "Local" on and off switch inside your Korg MUST be set to OFF"

i need a more detailed explination of all of this........like you were talking to a person who has no idea what you are talking about

Pro Tools has to be configured to see the Korg properly. Is you midi setup page set as to recognize the Korg and your midi interface?

Each midi track in the session must have a midi input and a midi output. If your midi setup is configured the input would in most circumstances be set to "Korg All". The output of the midi track should be set to most likely Korg 1 corresponding to the patch you choose in the keyboard.

The aux track you setup to monitor the keyboard itself will be set to "input" 5 and 6.

so here are teh things from both your post and travelin travis that i acomplished

1. Digi MIDI out 1 to the MPC MIDI in
2. Digi MIDI out 2 to the Triton MIDI in
3. MPC MIDI out 1 to the Triton MIDI thru
4. Triton MIDI out to the Digi MIDI in
5. MPC audio out to the Digi audio in
6. Triton audio out to the Digi audio in

"The "Local" on and off switch inside your Korg MUST be set to OFF"

everything else is a diff language to me please help.....

i need a more detailed explination of all of this........

No no...to the contrary. What you need is a far less detailed explanation. You're taking on a greater task than is prudent. Lot's of horses before the cart.

As I said earlier 1 step at a time. If it were me I'd change the angle of attack and work on a fundamental understanding of a very simple Korg/Pro Tools midi setup. Nothing more nothing less. Once you reach that point I suspect your ducks will begin to fall in place as to a larger more complicated midi rig.

Let's take a few simple steps here..

1) Have you gone into the Pro Tools midi setup page and configured your rig for midi..........yea or ney?? This is the core building block of Pro Tools midi. Without it all else WILL fail. It is a pull down menu that is simple to find. You simply can't move ahead without it.

2) Do you feel like yo have a firm grasp on a simple midi track/aux return track scenario in Pro Tools?? Yes or no??? If no we need to talk about that before proceeding.

Let's start there

yes i have gone into protools and setup my midi devices .i went to setup/edit midi studio setup/i have digi 002 and i sent the korg to and from the digi and saved ... i have no grasp on the midi track/aux return scenario in protools

Last edited:
1) One midi track. Input set to "Korg All"

Output set to "Korg 1"

2) One Stereo Aux track. Input set to 5 and 6 (where earlier you said you've plugged your korg into)

Output set to "Main out"

3) Arm midi track for record

4)Local control off in Korg

1) One midi track. Input set to "Korg All"

Output set to "Korg 1"

2) One Stereo Aux track. Input set to 5 and 6 (where earlier you said you've plugged your korg into)

Output set to "Main out"

where in protools do i do this?.....korg 1 ...korg all...how do i set aux track to 5 and 6? in protools?

where in protools do i do this?.....korg 1 ...korg all...how do i set aux track to 5 and 6? in protools?

Wait?????

I've fallen into a clever rouge here yes??

If you don't know how to select inputs and outputs you'd never got as far as your indicating in your earlier post.

This is page 1 of the Pro Tools manual.

If you really need help PM me and I'll continue to provide info. Otherwise a "how to select an input in Pro Tools" probably doesn't rise to the level of forum topics.

exchange program for help with system connection

can anyone have the patience and sincerity to please assist me with understanding how to setup my protools system and korg trynity and mpc 2000 xl... if anyone is in the nj area....at the moment i can not offer money but i can offer an even exchange for services.....i am a yogi i teach kundalini yoga through hiphop music.....

my usual rates

Come Experience The Inner Wealth With THE MEDDAHMORPHOSIS HIPHOP KUNDALINI YOGI

Teacher: THE MEDDAHMORPHOSIS

The Exchange:$175.00

Duration of class: 2 hours

Specifics: EYE introduce kundalini yoga through hiphop music geared towards kundalini mantras and Kundalini Yoga/Meditation kundalini yoga is an ancient art and science dealing with the alteration and expansion of consciousness, which works on the premise that the body has eight "chakras," and through use of "breath of fire" (rapid breathing), one can heat up the body from the bottom up, eventually "raising kundalini" to achieve a feeling of high enlightenment. A practical and powerful tool for self-healing that can be practiced by anyone. Kundalini utilizes postures, movement, stretching and exercise along with breath, sound current and meditation to work all aspects of your being. Kundalini Yoga helps to calm the mind and emotions, balance the glandular system and strengthen the nervous system. The body's energy that is found coiled at the base of the spine; symbolized by a coiled female serpent. Kundalini yoga uses the breath-- specifically, moving the breath along the spine to stimulate different energy centers. hiphop and kundalini yoga as a spiritual technology and combining both sciences as they presented themselves at the same year "coincidently" in the united states at the same time. check it out its a beautiful authentic upbeat experience

"you are not just doing hiphop you are hiphop you are not just reading the word of god you are the word of god" KRS ONE

"You see Hiphop in that, and you see Hiphop in this ~ now see Hiphop as your creative consciousness. KRS ONE

"NOTHING CAN CHANGE THE PATTERN OF HUMAN DESTINY UNTIL THE
DEVOTION IS SO STRONG THAT ONE IS WILLING TO SACRIFICE HIS/HER
PATTERNS. AND WHEN THAT OCCURS, LIFE IS GRANTEDLY CHANGED.
ELEVATED CONSCIOUSNESS IS A SURETY.HAPPINESS IS AROUND THE
CORNER." YOGI BHAJAN

“YOU can become fully conscious only when you are living in the moment. To begin to live in the moment you have to know it exists and understand it. To understand it you have to observe it in relation to yourself and in relation to life. When you under-stand it, when you become conscious, you will see it is all that exists. To see this is to glimpse reality. ” Barry Long

"I teach selfishness. I want you to be, first, your own flowering. Yes, it will appear as selfishness; I have no objection to that appearance; it is okay with me. But is the rose selfish when it blossoms? Is the lotus selfish when it blossoms? Is the sun selfish when it shines? Why should you be worried about selfishness? You are born - birth is only an opportunity, just a beginning, not an end. You have to flower. Your first and foremost responsibility is to blossom, to become fully conscious, aware, alert; and in that consciousness you will be able to see what you can share, how you can solve problems.

Excerpt from "The Book of Understanding" by OSHO.

SAT NAM
THE MEDDAHMORPHOSIS

Back