mpc users? i have motif need lil help

ujamaa7

Yo whats going down peeps??

I have motif 6 and i can apply effects and eq to individual tracks and i was wondering if i was to get an mpc 1000 or 500 would i beable to sample tracks from my motif and apply eq and effects. Basically i just need my beats to sound better because they sound like crap with out the eq and effects. I dont really want to go the multitracker route because i really need the pads. I want to use the mpc sequencer to ssequence the motif once i get the beats that i've already made to sound good. How much sample time do u get with the mpc's? Would i be able to accomplish what i want to do with the mpc? I want to sample each track from the motif into the mpc for editing.

Thanks in advance~

Yo whats going down peeps??

I have motif 6 and i can apply effects and eq to individual tracks and i was wondering if i was to get an mpc 1000 or 500 would i beable to sample tracks from my motif and apply eq and effects. Basically i just need my beats to sound better because they sound like crap with out the eq and effects. I dont really want to go the multitracker route because i really need the pads. I want to use the mpc sequencer to ssequence the motif once i get the beats that i've already made to sound good. How much sample time do u get with the mpc's? Would i be able to accomplish what i want to do with the mpc? I want to sample each track from the motif into the mpc for editing.

Thanks in advance~

Im a little confused on what you wanna do.I dont think you wanna sample tracks from your motif into the mpc..it can be done but why/ You would run a midi cord to and from your mpc and motif.the mpc would sequence all the tracks...you would use your motif to edit your motif sounds as well as use effect on em like EQ etc...You would only edit sequences..like note data andtime sigs and how many bars and put it in song mode etc..on the mpc

ddaamm

DDaamm thanks 50cal..i didnt know i could do that...how would i accomplish this u think?? I still want to uase the sounds i used in the motif bnut i want them to sound right u feel me?? yo check my myspace...u got some nice shit on ya page..i'm feelin it...my name is myspace.com/pentiumbeatzz

DDaamm thanks 50cal..i didnt know i could do that...how would i accomplish this u think?? I still want to uase the sounds i used in the motif bnut i want them to sound right u feel me?? yo check my myspace...u got some nice shit on ya page..i'm feelin it...my name is myspace.com/pentiumbeatzz

here is a sight that offers some knowledge on the MPC
http://www.mpc-forums.com/

day1.

1. set up the mpc plug in outlet and turn on power
2.Sample some great drum sounds from vinyl or sample c.ds whatever...into the mpc inputs.
3.save these sounds and make drum kits to use in future.

Day 2.
1.Run a midi cord from the midi out of the mpc to the midi in on the motif
(depending on what mpc you have it might be labeled midi out A B C or D)
2.run a midi cord from the midi out of the motif to the midi in on the mpc

day3.

When using an mpc by itself you dont need a mixer,but since you are also wanting to use the motif you need a mixer..you can temporarily use a cheap 2 channel mixer..even a dj mixer.The reason is the only sounds coming out of the mpc will be whatever you sampled through its sound engine and assigned to the pads.. remember when you record a sequence using the mpc and want to record a motif sound you will press record on the mpc and it will record all the info like what note you hit on the motif at what bar,what channel etc..not the actual sound.
so you have your mixer set up run a cable from the outputs of the mpc into a mixer channel and also run a cable from the motif outputs into a mixer channel.Now run the outputs of the mixer into your speakers or headphones.
also note if you have a mpc with 8 outs you can assign each sound you use on the mpc to one of the 8 outs and you can run each output to a bigger mixer with 8 or so channels...also the same with the motif you can assign each instrument to one of the 4 outs this way you can use your mixer to mix and EQ...enough of that its only day 3

day 4

1.Turn on the mpc
2.load up a drum kit wich spreads the sounds to all the pads
3.you can make adjustment in time signature metronome bpm etc....or how many bars you wanna record..start with 4 bars
4.On the screen it will say track 1 and also it will say type:drum leave it like this and record hihat for 4 bars.
5. now bring the cursor to the track and change it to 2.
keep doing this until you have all drum sounds
6.now you are ready to record some motif sounds....
on your mpc change it to next track lets say its track 8 now..where it says type bring the cursor where it says drum and change to midi and then under channel it should say 1A(remember i said A B C or D....so if you have other modules it will record info using those modules.)
On your motif put it in multi mode and on channel 1 then go to whatever instrument bank for sample go to bass and pull up a detuned bass.
press record after the metronome counts you in(adjust this to your taste) now start playing a bassline for 4 bars.
7.Now change to track 9 change type to mid and now 2A..go to motif change to channel 2 and go to electric piano section and pull up sattelite and record some chords for 4 bars....
Now if everything was done right you can press play on the mpc and you will hear your whole sequence and sounds playing through your mixer...

here is a sight that offers some knowledge on the MPC
http://www.mpc-forums.com/

day1.

1. set up the mpc plug in outlet and turn on power
2.Sample some great drum sounds from vinyl or sample c.ds whatever...into the mpc inputs.
3.save these sounds and make drum kits to use in future.

Day 2.
1.Run a midi cord from the midi out of the mpc to the midi in on the motif
(depending on what mpc you have it might be labeled midi out A B C or D)
2.run a midi cord from the midi out of the motif to the midi in on the mpc

day3.

When using an mpc by itself you dont need a mixer,but since you are also wanting to use the motif you need a mixer..you can temporarily use a cheap 2 channel mixer..even a dj mixer.The reason is the only sounds coming out of the mpc will be whatever you sampled through its sound engine and assigned to the pads.. remember when you record a sequence using the mpc and want to record a motif sound you will press record on the mpc and it will record all the info like what note you hit on the motif at what bar,what channel etc..not the actual sound.
so you have your mixer set up run a cable from the outputs of the mpc into a mixer channel and also run a cable from the motif outputs into a mixer channel.Now run the outputs of the mixer into your speakers or headphones.
also note if you have a mpc with 8 outs you can assign each sound you use on the mpc to one of the 8 outs and you can run each output to a bigger mixer with 8 or so channels...also the same with the motif you can assign each instrument to one of the 4 outs this way you can use your mixer to mix and EQ...enough of that its only day 3

day 4

1.Turn on the mpc
2.load up a drum kit wich spreads the sounds to all the pads
3.you can make adjustment in time signature metronome bpm etc....or how many bars you wanna record..start with 4 bars
4.On the screen it will say track 1 and also it will say type:drum leave it like this and record hihat for 4 bars.
5. now bring the cursor to the track and change it to 2.
keep doing this until you have all drum sounds
6.now you are ready to record some motif sounds....
on your mpc change it to next track lets say its track 8 now..where it says type bring the cursor where it says drum and change to midi and then under channel it should say 1A(remember i said A B C or D....so if you have other modules it will record info using those modules.)
On your motif put it in multi mode and on channel 1 then go to whatever instrument bank for sample go to bass and pull up a detuned bass.
press record after the metronome counts you in(adjust this to your taste) now start playing a bassline for 4 bars.
7.Now change to track 9 change type to mid and now 2A..go to motif change to channel 2 and go to electric piano section and pull up sattelite and record some chords for 4 bars....
Now if everything was done right you can press play on the mpc and you will hear your whole sequence and sounds playing through your mixer...

Very nice 50! You broke it down so that even a 2 day year old premie can understand it! That's how I have my 2500 hooked up, except I don't have a Motif, gotta wait on that!

Very nice 50! You broke it down so that even a 2 day year old premie can understand it! That's how I have my 2500 hooked up, except I don't have a Motif, gotta wait on that!

I have the motif rack, I use a roland jp8000 as a midi controller and also use its sounds..descent pads and leads and have a studio electronics atc for all my bass and leads. since you have the mpc its not necessary to get the full motif keyboard..or triton or fantomx.If you want a good bang for buck get the E.M.U. proteus2000 Ive been bullshitting on it,but its on my list

I have the motif rack, I use a roland jp8000 as a midi controller and also use its sounds..descent pads and leads and have a studio electronics atc for all my bass and leads. since you have the mpc its not necessary to get the full motif keyboard..or triton or fantomx.If you want a good bang for buck get the E.M.U. proteus2000 Ive been bullshitting on it,but its on my list

Thanks for that Homie!

Thanks for that Homie!

no problem ..just to clarify i meant get rack versions....and 1 good controller.I personally like roland cause i like using the joystick for pitch bend..and korgs are cheap...ive known a few people who had theres breaking....Also if on a budget look into the roland 2080 those go used for about $200-250...and you can expand them with I beleive 6 cards

Back