MPC 1000 connect to USB turntable

Lukis

I have an mpc1000 that i use quite frequently to produce beats. My dad had given me his record collection and Im eager to sample some of the records but i dont currently own a turntable..

So, i was wondering if it is possible to connect a usb turntable to the mpc1000 so i could import certain samples that i wanted and whatnot. Or is the only way to make this happen are get a direct drive turntable and a dj mixer?

I don't think you can record into the MPC1000 via the usb, only import wav files. I could be wrong as I have never tried it and I have not got the manual here at the moment.

Have you got a computer that you could record to and edit the sample with, then import the finished sample into the MPC, this is how I work as I find the editing is easier.

The other option is to record via a DJ mixer > line out to the line in of the MPC. Or if you wanted to record direct from turntable output (not usb output) you could put one of these between the turntable and the MPC1000.

Cheers

Alan.

psssst... :D

LukisDude...:D

some of us in here don't even know what an MPC1000 is. :D
Post this in the other forum and you'll probably get better responses. :D

oh....
and welcome. :)

:D

psssst... :D

LukisDude...:D

some of us in here don't even know what an MPC1000 is. :D
Post this in the other forum and you'll probably get better responses. :D

oh....
and welcome. :)

:D

Very true wrong forum, by a fluke I did know what one is and do own one, for the record a fantastic piece of gear for sampling and sequencing.

Anyway check out this place for the MPC1000 information, akai mpc forum.

Cheers

Alan.

Back