mounting akai zip(S3000) on PC.

mixtwo

Hello all,
I hope this is the right forum to put this questions..

Is there any way or software for PC or Mac that can make the computer mount Akai Zip disk(formatted on S3000)?

I have AKAI S3000 connecting to SCSI Zip drive here.
And, I also have USB Zip drive connecting to PC via USB.
(I do not have SCSI on my PC and using XP, so MESA won't work.)

What I am trying to do here is converting my PC WAV samples to AKAI S3000 format and put them into Akai Zip disk via USB.

I know there are the way to get WAV to S3000 using SDS (MIDI sample dump standard) or AkaiDisk for floppy but I think they are too slow and small capacity...

I've heard Translator(chicken systems) and CDXTRACT, but are these software let my PC mount and write Akai Zip disk for S3K?

Does anyone have great idea?

Thank you!

yui

translator and cdxtract will do it. It would probably be cheaper to just get a scsi card. I got mine on ebay for $7

More info. please

Dude, I'm not sure what you are doing, but I have both a SCSI Zip 250 and a USB Zip 250, connected to PC's. One is on my Win 98SE, the other Win XP.

The Zip disks are interchangeable between drives.

Can't you load the Zip from your PC into the Zip on your Akai? Then, load the WAV files into the AKAI and do the format change?

I do not know the AKAI gear so I am sure my question must seem stupid to you.

But one other note: My Kurzweil can take AKAI and Ensoniq samples and load them. There's a conversion utility in my Kurzweil. Maybe something like that can help?

I'm just throwing options out here, so maybe you could think of some other avenues.

Thanks altitude909,
I think I will try Cdxtract.
Even if I get SCSI card on my PC, I still need some kind of software to convert WAV to S3000 format right? because I dont have old OS for MESA,,,

How do you get WAV to S3000?

thanks Toddskins,

Because this sampler, AKAI S3000XL, is pretty old school, it does not read WAV at all.
So samples and disk have to be S3000 format, and there is no conversion utility in this sampler..

So, i was looking for the way to convert WAV to S3000 format and write Akai zip disk from my PC(XP).

thanks for the advice anyway.
btw, i have kurzweil(K2661) too, but i wanted to use this S3000 to get dirty fat sound.

Thanks altitude909,
I think I will try Cdxtract.
Even if I get SCSI card on my PC, I still need some kind of software to convert WAV to S3000 format right? because I dont have old OS for MESA,,,

How do you get WAV to S3000?

If you hook up the sampler via scsi, you should be able to just send the samples via SDMI from you favorite wav editor. Thats how I do it on my Yammie A series so I assume the S3k should be no different

I see,,,
Thanks for the great advice.
I guess I'll just try cdxtract if it reads akai zip via USB.

Thanks!

Back