Doubt if you've ever had this problem ... Akai LPK 25, MacBook Pro, Cubase

maestrotee

I just bought my second LPK 25 to use with Cubase on my MacBook Pro. I also have an Axiom 61 that I don't have any problems with. Had an Oxygen 61 that I never had any plug-n-play issues with. Turns out, I have loads of issues with the little 25 laptop controller. I bought one about a year and a half ago and had problems right from the start. It just wouldn't work. I brought my computer into Guitar Center and plugged the keyboard in and it worked fine. Took it home and it didn't work. I figured it was something to do with my machine and gave it away. Recently I replaced my hard drive and asked my friend if I could try it again. Same thing. I went into Guitar Center and bought a new one, after taking my computer in and seeing it work before I left the store. I got home, same problem! But, good news is I figured it out. And didn't need to spend the extra money. When I have taken it in to the store to see if it worked it was on battery power. Just a few minutes ago, I unplugged my computer before I plugged in the keyboard and lo and behold it works!!! I opened up Cubase and Kontakt and it works fantastic ... until I plug in the computer!?!?!? I can be halfway through a note and plug the computer in to power and it goes dead. Period. Dead. Does anyone know what is going on here? I figure it may have to do with power settings or maybe an incompatability with the power on the MacBook. No idea here. Please help.

Kinda starting to feel like a 'ghost in the machine' issue. If so, tell me that. Definitely a power issue, tho. Hope my answer didn't die with Steve Jobs. :(

Back