Data Transfer From Korg D8 and Jaz Drive to Akai DPS-16

Buck62

噛んでくれ
I need some advice here on how to tranfer the songs (data) I presently have on my Korg D8, and the Jaz-drive that's hooked up to it, to a new Akai DPS-16 AND still keep it accessible from the Jaz-drive to the Akai.
All of the songs recorded on the D8 are backed up on the jaz, so my question is... If I format the jaz-drive to the new Akai unit, will it be possible to read the data(songs) that were previously formatted to the Korg D8 on a single track-by-track basis?
I know that it seems unlikely.
Could I pull up each song individually on the Korg, tranfer them one at a time to the Akai unit (track-by-track)and THEN reformat the jaz-drive to the Akai and put it back there?
I would like to keep these songs so that I can pull them up and remix and re-master them if I need to.
I can't afford to buy the Akai unit without trading in or selling the Korg... keeping both is not an option.

H-E-L-P!!!!!!

[Edited by Buck62 on 09-02-2000 at 11:04]

Buck,

Doesn't sound like anything's gonna work the easy way here. At best, sounds like you can run two monos in at a time (you may be able to do this as a digital transfer depending on the outputs on the Korg) onto the akai's HD, then re-format the Jazz and save it back to disk. These are my assumptions, anyway...

Mostly I was hoping you could offer something of a short product review on the akai when you feel you've played with it enough to have something to say. (this goes for you too Dr. Drew). I think I'm kind of hung up on this machine, and all of a sudden I can afford it. I've D/L'ed the manual, gonna demo one in the store this week, etc. but I'm really aching for some user reviews. If I get one, then we can lobby dragon for our own forum. Whoohoo!!

I kinda figured that tranferring the data would be hard. That sucks.
As for the up-dates on the Akai... Sure, I'll keep you up to date on it's "user friendliness".
I might get one this week... I hope!

Back