akai programs from PC to S3000

flextone

I have several sample cd's in Akai format and i want to move programs from my PC to my S3000. I only have a floppy drive to do this, no SCSI cdrom or anything. the problem is that the sampler can only read akai formatted disks, and my PC can't, so i can't move files between them. i use cdxtract to browse the cd's from the PC, but i can't get them on an akai formatted floppy.

Long story short, how can i move sounds and programs in akai format from my PC to my S3000?

thanks

flextone

Last edited:
Not sure anymore if it does what you want, it has been a while that I did this myself, but if I recall correctly Akai had this program called MESA that did the trick. There was also a program called Millenium which was more stable but it was shareware.

Somnium7 - OmniFlip looks nice, but the manual says it won't work with external (usb) floppy drives and that's what i use. I also don't think it can read an akai cd image on my pc in order to transfer files to the floppy from the cd image.

7x7 - doesn't MESA requires a scsi port on the pc so it can communicate with the sampler? does it write to floppy?

I am sorry, I made you look at the wrong programs. What you should be looking for is Adisk or Teledisk. Not sure if it will work with a disk image tho... Perhaps finding a scsi cd rom is less hassle...

Back