Akai Dps16 Users Thread

Hey I did a search and found Wide Awake, Sondriven, JamesBond,Apush, and JP. That was only from reading the first page of search results.

Next time you are up from Coffyville theres a new Homerecording specialty store in Olathe you will want to check out.

Just mention that Wayne sent you, while that may not get you a discount, Its sure to impress the hell out of them.

homestudiomusician.com 913-829-7883

darrin

thanks for the info. I tried the site you gave me but it doesn't work.:( I will check it out the next time I'm up that way.

darrin_h2000 said:
Last Ive heard Buck62 is one of us too, but I seldom see him outside of the cave.

That's because I don't wander into that frustrating "Mic forum" where most of you guys sit around and infinitley argue which mic is "the best."

Check the Guitar & Bass forum, I post lots of stuff there every day.

And yes, I have a DPS-16. :)

Yeah I do tend to hang out in places where feel I need to learn about stuff, Mic and rack forums are places I monitor, Hell I used to Hang in the Building forum till I finished my studio.

Im willing to bet that an Akai forum may do as well as the roland forum, Heaven knows they have a better product. beter prices.

greetings to all and to all a good akai.

as one who had a roland and switched to dps16 i can list for you my pros/cons.

the akai is the better machine.

the roland has better sounding effects.

the roland was hard to get the hang of with all the menus and having to do everything a certain way. powering down was a lengthy process.

how nice to just hit the switch on the akai.

i have the most recent software version of the akai and i keep finding new features in all the addendums to the manual. i think theres 3 or 4 addendums.

built-in dithering! way cool.

but there is one thing that bugs the crap out of me. with the roland i had a footswitch by my drumset that would start the recording. as far as i can tell theres no way to do that with the akai. the footswitch menu lets you control only one button at a time and you need to press 2 buttons to record.

why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why

i used to be able to warm up and get set and just hit the footswitch and now i have to hit the buttons and then go sit down and try to settle in.

:(

That would be nice, but Im lucky in the fact that Im a guitarist I normally have 10 seconds of lead in time and I edit or use a gate funtion, depends on what Im doing.

I use my foot controller all the time. It works fine. You do have to set it up for punch in punch out to do it though.

It works, trust me.

Back