[SOLVED] why my ableton always recorded two midi notes at once ?

malamatata

Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys could help me with this problem. My ableton always recording two notes when i am using my Alesis QX49, but when i using my keyboard OR drum pad on my midi, it seems only recorded one notes.

You could check on it here (because somehow, i cannot post any links before post it several times ?) ==> www(dot)youtu(dot)be(slash)Zb71AHKTejA

Its been going on a while now, I already tried to update my driver, check on my midi input on ableton, reinstall the ableton, but none of the options seems to worked. if you guys could help me with this issue, i would really grateful.

Good day for you all !

[SOLVED]

As Rob Aylestone suggested, I changed my midi out from USB KEYBOARD to USB, and voila, its solved !

To solve this, press advanced, and press midi out until the indicator that says "USB Keyboard" changed into "USB" and then press advance again

Last edited:
It's MIDI thru. Your key sends the note on message to Ableton, which sends it back to the keys, which creates the two notes - OR - and this happens on Cubase if I mess with things - it's listening on TWO inputs at the same time - I have an "all midi inputs" option and if the keyboard is connected via a MIDI cable AND a USB, I can record accidentally from both. MIDI thru is probably enabled on the QX - I don't have one to test myself, but these two solutions are the most common.

It's MIDI thru. Your key sends the note on message to Ableton, which sends it back to the keys, which creates the two notes - OR - and this happens on Cubase if I mess with things - it's listening on TWO inputs at the same time - I have an "all midi inputs" option and if the keyboard is connected via a MIDI cable AND a USB, I can record accidentally from both. MIDI thru is probably enabled on the QX - I don't have one to test myself, but these two solutions are the most common.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply !

I remember that i did something a while back, but i dont what did i do wrong.....more over, my midi is also locked to certain octaves and i cant even change it to higher or lower :facepalm:

But I dont recall mess with midi thru and i only use USB cable, not midi cable...if i may ask, what did u do with other midi to solve this problem ?

Back