Weird noise in Drum Rack

mojarrobich

Hello,
I was recording some drums with the Akai LPD8 on a Drum Rack.
When I play them back (or when live-playing also) I heard this annoying glitchty sound randomly filtering through my drum sounds.
I've attached a sample of it so you guys can hear it.
Does anybody know why this is happening or how I can solve this?
Thanks!

Attachments

• drum_glitch.mp3
    177.2 KB · Views: 6
sounds like the kit you are using has some weird reverb or delay already on it... what version of ableton do you have and what drum kit did you use. The first thing I would do is expand out the entire device rack at the bottom of the screen and see what kind of processing is already inherently on the kit. hope this helps!

Hey! Thanks for the advice.
I've attached a pic of the expanded drum rack
drum rack.png

The version I'm using is Ableton Suite 8 (8.2.6).
It's really weird since it's more of a "white-noise" kind of noise...As if the sound of the Mac i'm using is the cause of it (iMac 2,5GHz intel core i5, 4GB memory).
The samples i'm using doesn't contain any reverb or delay at all :(

The version I'm using is Ableton Suite 8 (8.2.6).
It's really weird since it's more of a "white-noise" kind of noise...As if the sound of the Mac i'm using is the cause of it (iMac 2,5GHz intel core i5, 4GB memory).
The samples i'm using doesn't contain any reverb or delay at all :(

unless the file you posted got f'd up by converting it to mp3, that is not white noise. You do not have the rack fully expanded out, so it is impossible for me to see if there is any reverb or delay running. on the top left corner next to the power button for the drum rack select the other two that are blacked out below it. post a screen shot of that for me, after I see that I'll know how the sample is being processed, and if it's not I can try and guide you through some corrective actions.

oh and BTW, the screenshot shows that you only have a hihat loaded??

A computer of the caliber you are using should never transfer noise to the actual recorded file itself, only your playback/monitoring...

Last edited:
Back