Sustain Pedal for my Midi Keyboard is not sustaining in Ableton Live 9.5

apocketsymphony

Hello all. Hoping I can get some feedback on this issue that has been tearing away at my soul.

I'm a new user of Ableton Live and have been having a problem with my midi keyboard:
The sustain pedal will not work!
The problem in detail is as such: When the pedal is pressed down, I receive the yellow blinking lights
indicating that the signal is being received, but nothing happens as far as sustain when playing
in ableton. I've tried switching to various sounds such as truepiano, the default grand piano sound, and of
course tried it on operator. Still nothing. If anyone has suggestions on how to try fixing this it would be appreciated.

Here are some specifics on the gear/software being used:

Computer: PC with Windows 10 and latest updates
Software: Ableton Live Suite (9.5)
Midi Keyboard: Nektar Impact LX88 (Connected Via usb)
Sustain Pedal: M-Audio SP-2 (Have tried messing with the polarity switch, but both ways still no sustain effects at all).

I've read various posts on this and have not been able to find
a solution to the problem.

I will be checking this post with regularity, so if I have not included some vital
information needed for troubleshooting on this, please do not hesitate to ask for it.

Thank you in advance and happy new year!

I'm sure you've solved it by now, but in case anyone else experiences this situation and can't fix it, factory reseting the keyboard may do the trick; thats how i solved it.

Nektar's official guide: support.nektartech.com/s.nl/ctype.KB/it.I/id.11359/KB.533/.f

Back