Shortcut for making edits in the middle of a song/project?

sonatataster

So let's say that I've been working on a song in arrangement view and I'm listening to it and I realize there's something I don't like right in the middle of it; one of the instrument tracks needs to be longer and I also want to change the notes. Is there a way to move the rest of the arrangement without having to manually drag across the whole screen?

There are a few reasons I'm looking for a shortcut One is for when I have certain clips that aren't in standard time, it means I have to zoom in really close, which means it can take quite a while to drag all the way to the end. Another is when using the mouse to highlight clips across multiple clips results in a clip being cut off. I tried using CTRL and ALT and Shift to highlight the full clip, but none of those seemed to work. Once I've highlighted the other tracks, clicking on the clip I want to select causes all the other clips to be de-selected.

I guess one of the things I'm asking is if there's a way to highlight multiple clips in arrangement view just by clicking on each one. I can't seem to figure that out.

If anyone could help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

in arrangement view you can highlight all the clips (they dont have to be on the same track) so you can just highlight every clip in the whole song past the point which you want to extend, then drag all of them along at once to the point where the extension will finish

Back