sample rate problem?

Beccawright85

I'm using the Alesis io2 with Ableton live 10 lite. I swear I didn't change any settings, but now it's recording audio around a semitone too low. I've tried changing the sample rate among other things, but is it possible to change the sample rate on the interface itself?
Current settings:
In/out sample rate = 48000
Driver type = MME / Direct X (It won't record sound at all when I switch it to ASIO)
SR & Pitch Conversion = high quality

Any help for a novice greatly appreciated, I just wasted 3 hours of my life :(

no, there doesn't seem to be one on this interface...
input to laptop is USB, mic input is xlr

You must have the Express version.

Sometimes if there's a digital input it can force the interface to convert at a different sample rate than the DAW is set to record. Then you end up with a mismatch between the actual sample rate and the rate flagged in the file, so it plays at the wrong speed. I wonder if somehow that happened with your interface, even though it doesn't have a digital input.

You must have the Express version.

Sometimes if there's a digital input it can force the interface to convert at a different sample rate than the DAW is set to record. Then you end up with a mismatch between the actual sample rate and the rate flagged in the file, so it plays at the wrong speed. I wonder if somehow that happened with your interface, even though it doesn't have a digital input.

Yes it's express, forgot to mention.
Is that likely, considering I haven't switched any cables around or anything?
It's so weird, it's never happened before and I've done several recordings with this setup. I must've changed some setting whilst experimenting with stuff I don't fully understand?!
Is there a way to do some sort of 'reset' procedure to try and fix it?
Thanks for your input

Back