pitch

palmersutra25

ok, sorry to keep clogging up this ableton forum, but i have yet another question. last time i ask, promise! :)

ive been hearing alot of tracks recently where an artist has played a bass part on a guitar, and just lowered the pitch. i know four tet does it on some of his older tracks. does anyone know how to do this without slowing the tempo of the guitar please? it must be possible, as i know a few artists who have done it, and use ableton alone.

i found an example of someone doing it, i just cant figure it out.

YouTube - Baths How-to on BETA TV 2 min 14 secs in.

im sure kcearl knows how to do this.

Keep asking...Im no expert but if i can think of it I can try to help

use the transpose dial on the audios clip (bottom left)...you can also automate it on the track...

thanks for the reply buddy. worked like a charm. just finished a few tracks with my ableton setup, but the bass still doesnt sound great. its the only thing letting the tracks down i think. ive tried eqing the bass and everything, but i cant seem to get it sounding the way i want.

any ideas how i could get really big bass sounds like this.

YouTube - Gonjasufi - Ancestor

YouTube - Flying Lotus - Orbit Brazil

YouTube - Mount Kimbie - Before I Move Off

i know the third track in particular definitely uses guitar, and transposes the sound like i mentioned before. i rolled off the high ends, and added a filter, but it still doesnt sound this full.

any ideas?

kcearl, more stuff stuff I didn't know. You the man! Now I'm gonna a transposing fool. I need to keep learning my app, I'm a bit rusty.

glad that was helpful...I still find things on Ableton its such an indepth DAW that stuff get uncovered all the time and you go "ah, i like that" :)

Back