Passing from track to track seamlessly HELP!

youaretheblood

Hi I really need some help, I've looked everywhere for an answer to this.

I'm trying to create a project with all of the loops from my songs in it. My set consists of lots of different loops that slowly get layered, one on top of the other.

Now I've seen another post on this forum (maybe called "how do you save your setlist) however this has not helped me.

The main problem being that all my songs are in different tempos and time signatures. I know that it's possible to rename the clips in the master scenes to change the tempo, but if I do this, it will launch all the clips that are on the same scene (when I usually start off with just needing one). A work around to this is putting the next clip in the next row down (but to be able to overlap it with the previous clip it also needs to be in the next scene) so by doing this my set appears on ableton as a really long diagonal line made up of clips.

Is there any way that I can make it so, that I can change tempos without having to have each clip in a different row and scene?

im not sure if im completely understanding this as ive just woken up from an afternoon nap lol

but you can set each individual clips bpm in the notes section on the bottom left...this overides the master scenes bpm

dunno if that would do it or not as i dont really use it as a live playback tool

Hey thanks for your reply, I'm not sure what you mean by the 'notes section'. If you mean the 'Sample display' then I know I can change the tempo there, but that only changes the tempo of the clip, but the global tempo of the project remains the same.
The reason we need the global tempo to change as well is because my drummer plays to a click so we route the metronome to another output.
Any ideas?

automating it in the session view?

Im sorry if im not much help, like i said i dont really use it live...you can automated global tempos in the master track in the session view but it would mean moving you projects there and losing the flexibility of the scene view

have you tried the ableton website...its kinda limited in use here :o

I'm trying to create a project with all of the loops from my songs in it. My set consists of lots of different loops that slowly get layered, one on top of the other.

Now I've seen another post on this forum (maybe called "how do you save your setlist) however this has not helped me.

The main problem being that all my songs are in different tempos and time signatures. I know that it's possible to rename the clips in the master scenes to change the tempo, but if I do this, it will launch all the clips that are on the same scene (when I usually start off with just needing one). A work around to this is putting the next clip in the next row down (but to be able to overlap it with the previous clip it also needs to be in the next scene) so by doing this my set appears on ableton as a really long diagonal line made up of clips.

Is there any way that I can make it so, that I can change tempos without having to have each clip in a different row and scene?

To youaretheblood,

Hi, I was just wondering if you ever found the solution to your question. I kind of have a very similar situation and am thinking if making another post about same problem would change anything. I am basically also looking for being able to mix different compositions that are in DIFFERENT tempos, where each song maintains its own tempo, but I am still able to crossfade one into another seamlessly.

To youaretheblood,

Hi, I was just wondering if you ever found the solution to your question. I kind of have a very similar situation and am thinking if making another post about same problem would change anything. I am basically also looking for being able to mix different compositions that are in DIFFERENT tempos, where each song maintains its own tempo, but I am still able to crossfade one into another seamlessly.

Back