<--noob. roland td-3 through mbox to ableton

saltycracker

hi all.. sorry to bother the forum with questions that might have been answered before.. but i cant seem to find the answer on here.

anywho, i just purchased a roland td-3 drum electronic drumkit and i am trying to get ableton live to record the drums preprogrammed sounds.. i have the weakest lil' mbox known to man, and i'm trying to run into the TRS inputs on the mbox from the drums. i've been searching all day and have yet to find an answer to this question!

i've followed the directions on the tutorial inside ableton and still have yet to figure anything out!

someone help me please!

I use a firebox and a TD6, and with that I just run the left/right jack outputs to the line inputs on the firebox, but they're TS connectors. You're recording two unbalanced mono signals, why do you need TRS?

because that seems like the only feasible option at the moment until i can get another box..

the jacks that i'm using are the typical left/right guitar/amp style jacks, that go into the back of the mbox.

i dunno what i'm doing really.. i just bought these drums today and i'm super amped to get thumping on ableton.. but i'm lost as all hell.
i mean, i guess i could go get a midi card installed into my computer but i'd rather just use the sounds that the drums came with at the moment.

is my attempt hopeless? .. or could i get this to work somehow?

Back