[Newbie Question] Ableton Live Defaults Screwed Up!

Zach Fountain

Hey everyone! I'm a complete novice and I'm having trouble with the presets.

For example, in the instruments (like in Drum Rack) all of the .wav files are gone. Additionally, I know that I used to be able to drag simpler into an audio track to create an instance of it (just the folder named simpler) but now I cannot do this. Is there anyway to reset Ableton completely to its default preset settings, or anyone know of a fix to this (where I could redownload these presets and put them back in)?

Thanks a million!

Fairly new-ish to Ableton here, but the first thing I would try is having Ableton do a "scan" for Libraries: Options>Preferences>Libraries>Repair Libraries.
Barring that, you can also re-install Ableton over top of itself to see if that clears it up.

I'm just getting into it all myself and was using the youtube tutorial on Drum Racks ("The Last Drum Rack You'll Ever Have To Make") and wasn't able to find ANY .wav files for the drum sounds (as shown in the tutorial), but had all sounds in .AIF format (using the "Search" tool in Windows Vista, though the tuorial was done using a Mac and the "Finder" tool).
Not sure if any of this will help in your situation, but it won't change anything for the bad.

Back