On my sequencer each row is only one note.

Nugagerube

when I go into note mode on my APC20 every row is one note (say like C#) and I want each button to be a different note. how do I change that? and how do I assign a button to a specific thing like if im playing a drum beat i assign bass to this note ride to that note, etc....

not sure if I can help...I use an akai MPD24 set up as a controller in preferences with "remote" and "sync" turned on and it does all that automatically as well as mapping the faders to the first audio tracks, dunno if thats the same with the APC

Yeah. The input and output of my midi sync wasn't registering the apc ofr some reason i just had to go in and reload my apc and everything is fine again.

by any chance do you know how to make your own drumkits in ableton? like take sounds from different kits and putting them all in a custom made kit that you can play all on onesequencer?

yeah I use the Drum rack in Abletons instruments...im not sure if the APC has that but if you check it is really straightforward..you just highlight the drum pad you want to use the browser to find the sample

But without knowing that you have the drum rack first.......

When I upload one of the preset drumkits on ableton it pops up and shows which note on my midi controller plays what like f#3 808 bass 4 c4- carbon snare.

I just cant click and drag them and put them in different places. or when i start my own kit from scratch i can only put one sound in the track itself bc when i try to put another one it deletes the first one.

i have the drum rack under my instrument list i just wanna know if i can take different sounds andm compile my own kit...

When I upload one of the preset drumkits on ableton it pops up and shows which note on my midi controller plays what like f#3 808 bass 4 c4- carbon snare.

I just cant click and drag them and put them in different places. or when i start my own kit from scratch i can only put one sound in the track itself bc when i try to put another one it deletes the first one.

yeas you can drag them about...but use an emprty rack and browse the samples

did you read the manual? :)

I looked over the manual but couldnt find it. I cant drag the drum rack onto the midi file its just a folder that holds my drumkits

its the folder that you drag in...thats how it works on the full version...just right click on the drum rack folder and drop it in an empty midi track :confused:

I dont have the full version. Idk if that makes a difference but on the manual it talks about dragging the folder into a midi track to make a new drum rack but i cant. Maybe its because i dont have the full version idk...

dunno what your doing but if the manual says you can do it then you can do it, does the manual say APC40 version??...you already have drum rack so its there..you could even load an existing kick and put in your own samples over the ones there

also some interesting stuff here (around the 3min mark shows some drum rack features)

anyhow the APC is for launching clips...there is no velocity on the pads so you probably want a drum pad controller anyway

What version Ableton are you working with? You need to have the apc20 midi script, because the apc40 midi script doesn't work with the apc20. Also, the apc 40 is compatible with earlier versions of ableton than the apc20. They say (via various e-mails I had with the company over this same issue) that the apc should work on all versions of ableton 8, but I could only get the midi scripts for the apc20 through the demo 8.0.2 that came on the trial disc with the controller.

A little long winded but I hope that helps a little...just take the scripts from the trial version and move them into your full version( if you have it/it's ableton 8) and you should be fine...maybe haha. This gave me some frustration a while back but it was fixed after some fiddling. Good luck

Also, I'm new hear, hey guys.

Back