My Focusrite 2i2 is not recognized by Ableton

Graytar

Windows 7 64 bit

I installed the most updated driver from focusrite.com. Every time I plug in my 2i2 it says USB device not recognized. It has worked on other computers, just not this one. Can anyone help?

Windows 7 64 bit

I installed the most updated driver from focusrite.com. Every time I plug in my 2i2 it says USB device not recognized. It has worked on other computers, just not this one. Can anyone help?

First, is it working at all? Second, make sure the unit is plugged in before you open Ableton. In the audio section, select the ASIO audio then read the instructions. But if it isn't working before Ableton, then it won't work in Ableton. You can test the unit using just Windows and any audio device, even the Windows sounds.

Hopefully this at least helps you to troubleshoot.

Hello Greytar!

I have a focusrite 6i6 which is the same thing as the 2i2 almost with more ins/outs. So if all you did was installed and updated the driver, then there is still a few very crucial steps that you must do before it works! First off if you where not using an audio interface before now I can guess that you most likely have a MMX/DirectX as your Driver Type in the preferences and you need to install asio4all version2.11. If you already have asio then you may have not yet set up your interface setup properly in the preferences/audio/audio device. Hit the drop down menu here and select Focusrite USB 2.0. Let me know if it solves your problem!

Is it not recognizing the interface at all ? Does it say USB detected when you attach it in ? If not, then there's something wrong with the USB connection or your device. If the computer detects it then just do the following:

1. Install drivers from the Focusrite website (not beta). If the device is new, just use the CD.
2. In Ableton, ensure that ASIO is selected and not MMX. It took me a day to figure this out :facepalm:

Hi Graytar,

Sorry to hear you are having some problems.

Firstly, you'll need the latest driver from Focusrite.com (you've confirmed this). Once installed, you'll need to check the green USB light is illuminated on the unit - if not, you can try connecting to another USB port - we would recommend using those directly off your motherboard, not hubs etc.

If the green USB light isn't on at this point, try looking in device manager.

If it is on, select it as the Focusrite driver within Ableton and you should be away!

If you are still experiencing problems, feel free to get in touch directly at Contact | Focusrite

All the best!

Miles

Back