Midi keyboard

Adz6794

I am using Ableton Live 7 with my M-Audio Oxygen v2 Midi keyboard but everytime I plug it in I have to reassign all the knobs to my tracks etc.., is there a way which Ableton or the keyboard will remember what I have assigned?

I have basically assigned it in a blank template set and then use that as my default templete but still it does not remember, even If I go back to an existing set it will still have forgotten what I programmed in :mad:.

Its not a massive thing but still takes an extra 5 mins before I can get cracking.

Cheers

in preferences does Ableton have a template for Oxygen as a midi controller?

they other way would be to open a blank project, assign all your buttons and keys then save it as the default opening project..

All this should be able to be done in the preferences page :)

Will have a look tonight but I dont think it does, I have tried to assign the buttons and then save the project as the defauly opening one but still no luck.

It may well be a problem with my computer as I have had a few problems in the past with my USB ports!!

I will let you know how I get on

damn Live is just so fiddly with controllers when it shouldnt be...I remember earlier axioms and my mpd just not communicating with it...I bet its because its Live 7....I have the new axiom 61 and finally it works with it but I had to change the midi cc in my MPD just to get the transoprt buttons to work

sorry prolly not what you want to hear but I doubt its your PC

Im not that much of an expert but is there a way to set the midi map in the oxygen then create a dump into ableton or vice versus???

maybe ask in the midi forum??

Back