Just got Ableton and having serious problems exporting...

shinderhizzle84

Hello everyone.

So I just got Ableton this past weekend along with East West Symphonic Orchestra as a massive gift for my birthday. I've spent pretty much all of today (so like 7 or 8 hours) and pretty much all of yesterday using these two gifts to compose an epic 11-minute long piece that I'm really, really proud of.

Only I can't export it. I've tried exporting it as a .wav file while changing about every single setting. I'm still really new to the program and am assuming that I'm doing something incorrectly, but I figured I'd check on here for help.

Basically, the exported .wav file says that it's 11:35 long or whatever the exact time is, but it only plays the first 2 or 3 notes of my sampled orchestra before completely falling mute for the next 11+ minutes of remaining play time. I've tried opening it in VLC as well as Classic Media Player and Itunes but the same problem still occurs.

I'm using Kontakt4 to load the samples of my various orchestral instruments. The song plays absolutely 100% fine with no problems when in Ableton Live, but I cannot figure out how I'm going to export it from Ableton Live so that I can post it on the web/share it with people.

Thank you!

Hello everyone.

So I just got Ableton this past weekend along with East West Symphonic Orchestra as a massive gift for my birthday. I've spent pretty much all of today (so like 7 or 8 hours) and pretty much all of yesterday using these two gifts to compose an epic 11-minute long piece that I'm really, really proud of.

Only I can't export it. I've tried exporting it as a .wav file while changing about every single setting. I'm still really new to the program and am assuming that I'm doing something incorrectly, but I figured I'd check on here for help.

Basically, the exported .wav file says that it's 11:35 long or whatever the exact time is, but it only plays the first 2 or 3 notes of my sampled orchestra before completely falling mute for the next 11+ minutes of remaining play time. I've tried opening it in VLC as well as Classic Media Player and Itunes but the same problem still occurs.

I'm using Kontakt4 to load the samples of my various orchestral instruments. The song plays absolutely 100% fine with no problems when in Ableton Live, but I cannot figure out how I'm going to export it from Ableton Live so that I can post it on the web/share it with people.

Thank you!

have you read the manual, or gone through the free included tutorials?? Your question will surely be answered there.... but in the meantime you can check in the export window to see exactly how much of your session is being exported.

this may be totaly wrong but are you trying to export your track in track view, try it in session view, i dont know why this is but worth a try:-)

Dude, make sure the allocators above (two arrows) in the session view are highlighting the beginning and end of the song before you render. It will determine where the audio file begins and ends once you render. Good luck man! Reply if this does not solve your problem.

Same problem. The .wav format is pretty much the only format you can export the audio file in, and then it is unrecognizable by 99% of modern media players.

Lol at the guy who said read the manual.

So, arrangement is what is exported, as stated, Make sure your play indicator is at the beginning. You can then choose file type. If it is a wave, most waves are 16 bit for CD quality, so 16 bit has to be selected. For most players, you will have to convert to MP3 or WMA.

When you export, you will notice at the top the selection of the export. I usually pick "Master" for the mix down, but here is where you can select tracks.

Back