cpu spike

yanosh

hey everyone//
i have a big cpu load and its driving me crazy. i cant work in live nomore till ill fix this problem. in the last few weeks i start having massive cpu load even if im using only like 5 channels. with few vst and some effects. not something that should even get 25 % cpu. im using macbook pro retina late 2014. i tried some solutions but nothing seems to help. yesterday i noticed that if live is open and the cpu explode at 80-90 % the sound start to distort insanly but when i minimaze the window or for example watching a chrome tab open while ableton is still running in the background suddenly after few seconds the sound return to be normal. this is why i thing its something that concern the GPU..
anyone know something?
its really drive me crazy//
thanx for any help

by the way im using:
ableton live 10
macbook pro late 2014 with high sierra
Edit Share Report Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

Are you sure you're not simply short of drive space and the MacBook keeps shunting files around in bursts trying to free up space. my old MacBook started doing this before it died, even when according to the monitor there was still 25% unused.

i've got 250 giga ssd. and 40 giga is free sometimes even more. the cpu load is regular i think . if im looking in the activity monitor so live is the highest on the list. but because i'm now looking at the activity monitor and live GUI is on the back it will start to fall down till i reopen live GUI

I too have that size SSD (and really wish it was 4 times the size!) but I have 11Gb free and Cubase happily records glitch free at least 24 simultaneous tracks. Maybe a visit to Apple might throw up something on their diagnostics?

while ableton is still running in the background suddenly after few seconds the sound return to be normal. this is why i thing its something that concern the GPU..

It might be worth running the hardware diagnostics. There are instructions here.
I've only ever used AHT, the older version for older machines, but, as far as I know, that sound tell you if there's a GPU/CPU/HDD/Memory issue.

Back