Caught out by trial period of Ableton!

Lukesteele

Hi guys,

Has anyone discovered their music is trapped in a time expired trial of ableton, where they cant edit or save any changes unless they buy the Instrument Packs or the upgrade SW? I think it's just WRONG that I cannot replace the tracks that are no longer permitted to use trial instruments with default instruments and allow me to FINISH my freaking WORK!!

A trial shouldn't lock you up so that the only way to retrieve your music is to buy the upgrade!

The upgrade, or the actual product?

Different companies have different marketing strategies. Maybe Ableton should take a leaf from Reaper's book and provide a non-crippled trial, with only a nag screen after the trial.

However, in the end, it is a trial period, and at the expiration of it, there is an expectation that you will actually go out and buy it.

Yeah, and if you like Ableton as you seem to do, you should definitely go and buy it. You wouldn't want to continue work with something you don't like.
Besides, buy Suite 8 now and get a free update to Suite 9. Plus, Ableton is discounted now.

Ableton doesn't allow you to save in the demo versions which are fully functional aside from saving... 'lite' versions of ableton are packaged with some controllers and keyboards, the only stuff missing from these versions are sample packs which can be purchased or you can upgrade from a 'lite' version to a full one for very cheep... did you get caught up using illegal copy of ableton sounds more like it.

Back