Can't load Kontakt 6 nor 5 into any DAW (Ableton, Sonar, FL Studio)

francoteves

Hello friends,

Just as the title says I can't load Kontakt in any of the DAWs although it DOES run Standalone. I have tried son many things but I haven't succeded so I had to ask for help. Thank you

What I have tried:
- Reinstall
- Move folders and .dll files to specific folders.
- reinstalled Nvidia drivers

Inked1_LI.jpg3.PNG2.PNG

Normally you'd just install Kontakt and then point your DAW to it? In cubase - that I use it was just a matter of making Cubase look in the right place for the .dll file. I didn't MOVE the dll from it's normal home. When I installed Kontakt, I picked the drive - it installed there, and I just let cubase look in that folder. I'd assume that maybe you have split it up somehow, with dll in one place and content somewhere else. Cubase for example, can't cope with that bit can search for the content, which when found gets saved with the song file. Opening old files will always be a pain - so I never split things now.

Thanks brother. Well, I have tried both ways: changing and not changing folders and files. As you can see in the pics the .dll is recognized but when loaded either it crashes or gives a blank window.

Stupid question - but when I first installed Kontakt on my system it did refuse to work at first and would not appear in cubase and this was simply because I'd not registered it properly - I n' remember the sequence of what I did, but memory says that once registered with the Kontakt application it then was happy in Cubase. Could that be what's happened here - you forgot to unlock it?

Back