A basic question regarding ableton

zazz

hmmmm
I am looking for new ways to compose and record music and was wondering if I should take a look at ableton. However one thing that bugs me is that looking at all the stuff on YouTube ect of stuff that has been done using ableton it always reminds of those one root note never ending jams. Is there anyone using ableton to explore chord progressions and play around with interesting harmonic arrangements and melodys?

Also are there any examples where all the instruments are coming from a desk ie guitars , analouge synths ,vocals , live drums ect rather than just using internal soft synths , drum machines etc?

i use a mixture of hardware, trad instruments, and softsynths in ableton...it will do anything you want

it can be a traditional daw or it can be a sketchpad remixing tool with its two different views

id advise demoing it as the workflow can be a little different from other daws...but id ignore youtube, Live and FL studio seem to be first on the list for kids wanting to get their "beats" out...trust me it'll do everything you need and a bit more

i use a mixture of hardware, trad instruments, and softsynths in ableton...it will do anything you want

it can be a traditional daw or it can be a sketchpad remixing tool with its two different views

id advise demoing it as the workflow can be a little different from other daws...but id ignore youtube, Live and FL studio seem to be first on the list for kids wanting to get their "beats" out...trust me it'll do everything you need and a bit more

Thanks! I will demo it then.......

purevolume (DOT) com/TheBastard62458
^^ make all my stuff in Live. I'm a very experienced user in all DAWs though, I just prefer everything about live except mastering and some recording which I fing logic better at.

hi,

Yes - I use Ableton for complete structured songs. I find it gives me loads of creativity in the song writing process as I can play around with combinations of stuff. BTW - it has a traditional sequencer mode as well.

check out my page in sig, Tramadol was using Ableton, the others Cubase.

Back