adjust volume including all notes on midi tracks

Kinapuffar

Hi!

I'm going to try to explain the problem the best way I can..

The thing is, when I put down some notes on Ableton midi tracks, like piano notes or whatever, every note gets a volume of 90 bpm.
Then suddenly, when I'm in the middle of the song, the next notes I put down goes up to the maximum of 127 bpm?!!? And if I erase the notes of the ones with 90 bpm and put down the same notes they go up to 127! I wonder, is there any way I can like mark all notes and put them all on a same level of volume??

Any help is appreciated!! :)

/ Daniel

sounds like your midi controller is not touch sensitive,

to reduce the 127 values to 90 click on your midi track in session view, on the bottom of the screen you should see all the notes with the corresponding letters (C1, C#1, D1, etc...), set your vertical zoom in that window to where you can see the difference between the 127 values and the 90 values. Set your horizontal zoom so you can see the entire track, simple drag your mouse from the top right all the way left and down just enough to only grab the 127 values. You can now pull the 127 values down to 90 and your entire track should only have 90 values.

Hope that made sense

alternatively you could select all the midi notes, reduce the midi value to zero and then increase everything to 90 - won't have to fuss with selecting only certain ones.

so you are playing the notes on a keyboard ? ... here's the manual, you can go to page 137 or search 'note velocity' (just an fyi it's velocity not bpm you're trying to adjust, i think)

downloads.ableton.com/manuals/81/ableton_live_manual_en.pdf

Yea that would be easier, and yea he must be referring to the velocity of the midi note, not the beats per minute (bpm) which is a tempo/time value not and intensity/velocity value.

cubase has 'midi modifiers' on the midi channel strip that allow you to do this with one click - unlike the midi editor it makes no changes to the underlying file/track so you can play around if you want. You can raise or lower by a relative amount, compress the midi stream (works the same as an audio compressor), key change, etc.. Maybe there is something similar on your rig.

Back