Ableton - synch tracks playback in different views

NelloSata

Hello all, new Ableton user here. I'd need help with something that is probably really simple, but that for the life of me I can't figure out.

Basically, the situation is as follows: I'd like to have a single session, with a few different tracks one after another in Arrangement view, each one having a different tempo map (with tempo changes, accelerandos etc), that I can trigger and mix from the Session view (I guess), crossfading between them and having the click following along.

So far what happens, though, is that when I am in Session view, I start one of the tracks, the track starts with the correct click/tempo, but if then I switch to a different clip, the click stays at the same tempo and same point in Arrangement view as the point where it got to, it keeps on going from where it was - so then everything gets out of synch.

I'm wondering if there's a way to "link" the arrangement and session view clips, so that when I trigger one in one of the views, the respective ("same") clip in the other view gets triggered as well, so they stay in synch.

Hope my explanation is clear :) Thanks for your help!

Back