Ableton question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pangalactic

gargling blasters
Hi all, it's been a while since I posted on here but I have a question and I remembered how helpful people here have been in the past, so I thought I'd ask :)

I've just bought a Line6 TonePort UX2 and have been merrily playing with it and the Lite version of Ableton Live that comes with it. The GearBox software that controls the tone etc. of the TonePort allows me to have more than one input working at a time - for example if I mic up an amp and want to take a DI feed as well to play around with later. My problem is that I can't figure out a way for Ableton to record more than one track at a time, and for it to find the second input (GearBox says it will be on Send channels 3-4, but I can only get Ableton to recognise 1-2). Can anybody give me any advice?

Cheers.

Not sure about that. Lite gives you a total of 4 audio tracks and 4 midi tracks. I can't offer a solution to the problem however, as I haven't got Ableton Live installed on my computer at the mo. Coincidentally, I will most likely be installing it tomorrow (if it lets me this time, I have new hardware).

Thanks. I figured it out now, anyway - all I had to do was fiddle with the soundcard settings and suddenly I could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back