Ableton with midi controller's' pads question

Chimoki

I have ableton live 9 lite and im using a midi controller, my question is: I chopped a music into a few samples to assign them to the pads, when i play the pads everything plays perfect but what troubles me is that when i press one and right after i press another i can still hear the sound of the previous and i want it to stop immediatly as i press another. Is there an option to change that?

Thanks

I have ableton live 9 lite and im using a midi controller, my question is: I chopped a music into a few samples to assign them to the pads, when i play the pads everything plays perfect but what troubles me is that when i press one and right after i press another i can still hear the sound of the previous and i want it to stop immediatly as i press another. Is there an option to change that?

Thanks

Yes, you will have to configure when a clip will play. Ableton plays/launches the clip, in sequence to the tempo. You will need to set up how you want the clip to launch and when. For example, I have mine to launch at the start of a measure, so it waits until the beginning of the measure to launch. You can change that to launch quicker. This is where the power of Ableton is, I suggest reading a bit more in launching clips as this is where the "Live" really comes into play.

Hope that helps.

Back