ableton live lite 5 question

Ableton Live 5 is a VERY worthwhile program.

I've never used the Lite version and I suppose there are some things that they've left out but, yes, it'd be a good place to start.

Live is a fantastically flexible program allowing the user to compose, arrange and perform without being constricted by petty things like having some loops that would sound good together but the tempos differ by 10 bpm.

The full version also allows full use of midi including both VST fx and VSTi's, and has the most logical, easy to use midi editing interface I can remember seeing.

Live 5 gets 5 stars from this cowboy...

it might be a demo, My m-audio interface came with a demo version I tried it and liked it.

live lite is limited to 4 audio and 4 midi tracks, but I highly recommend playing around with it, great prog

The lite version is 4 and 4 (but u can save projects and so forth) so its not really a demo version. The full Ableton is not track limited

It sounds like I can have some fun playing around with it. I have only worked with Cubase and I have been wanting to learn other programs.
thanks for the info!!

I got the same prog with the same keyboard a while back. Its not bad, but not enough to keep me engaged

Bringing it back from half dead... (Long...)

Alright, this thread's not too old...

I have 2 computers in my studio workspace, 1 serves as the internet pathway to all you nice folks, and the other one is my Cubase based recording pc. My internet pc is loaded with viruses like nobody's business, "firewalls" aren't worth crap. But I digress...

I bought an M Audio Radium 49 a couple months ago, and finally decided to put the Ableton program on my internet computer because what the hell? It's loaded with crap anyway... I got the version 4.0 of the Live Lite, but it offered me a free upgrade to Live Lite 5.something so I did it, registered and all that stuff. Now the fun part is actually using it... right?
altitude909 said:
The lite version is 4 and 4 (but u can save projects and so forth) so its not really a demo version. The full Ableton is not track limited
Why does it only let me use one MIDI instrument at a time? Whenever I try to use 2 MIDI tracks, it won't let me use 2 VSTi's... WTF?

Sorry, I know this is a pissed off rant, I guess I expected more, could be the fact that I'm a Cubase user and this new program is totally greek to me... :confused:

Does anyone have any tips on getting this thing up and running? So far it doesn't even register that I have my keyboard hooked up, which it did right away in Cubase... Go figure... :mad:

Bottom line... HELP!!! PLEASE!!!! :D

that program also came with my emu1820m. From what I read in the manual is that you cant export your mixdown. It seemed to be very limited

altitude909 said:
do u have each instrument on its own midi track?
Yeah, I don't have anything but the radium on USB, so I took out the audio track that it starts you out with and added 3 midi tracks. I went to add a different instrument into the second track and I got an error saying that I can not use more than one... :(

Yeah, crippled and extremely frustrating to say the least... It says to put it in demo mode to add more than 1 vsti, but it doesn't show you how (even in the "manual"), and then if you do put it in demo mode, you can't save anything... :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: WTF?

And now I'm really kicking myself because I gave away the CD with Cubase LE that came with my FW1804... At least that would've worked... :o

Oh well, If anybody wants a free copy of Ableton Live Light 4.2/5.0 I'll gladly pay the cost of shipping to get this headache off of my hands... :D

Back