Ableton Live 9

I've only recently got 8 within the last few months.
It's crazy fun, and really has improved my workflow immensely.
All the little "seeds" I come up with I can now record into various clips into one project and expand on them as I see fit.
(Each scene is essentially a different song.)

But for some reason, it's hard for me to envision actually recording and mixing the final songs in it as opposed to Cubase. (...not that I've actually finished an entire song within the last year anyway :( ) I just prefer the layout and the way plugins work in Cubase for the "real" stuff.

So I probably wouldn't feel the need to upgrade to 9 right away anyway unless it is something that I can't live w/o :D

I've only recently got 8 within the last few months.
It's crazy fun, and really has improved my workflow immensely.
All the little "seeds" I come up with I can now record into various clips into one project and expand on them as I see fit.
(Each scene is essentially a different song.)

But for some reason, it's hard for me to envision actually recording and mixing the final songs in it as opposed to Cubase. (...not that I've actually finished an entire song within the last year anyway :( ) I just prefer the layout and the way plugins work in Cubase for the "real" stuff.

So I probably wouldn't feel the need to upgrade to 9 right away anyway unless it is something that I can't live w/o :D

Pretty much the same...i arrange everything in Live then import the stems into Studio One

I doubt ill change as i enjoy this workflow...im hoping for dual display support and having the mixer on the arrangement as well as scene page...that would perk my interest up..but i have FX coming out my ears...last count was over fifty compressors and around half that in EQs...I dont need a new compressor or EQ ;)

anyone want to buy maschine?

Or a Midi Figher and/or Akai MPK mini :D

I don't think I'll be able to let go of my maschine since it's what brought me into electronic music and controllers.
But my Launchpad can probably go too. Not sure if there would still be a market for it though.

But, I really need to get some things up on eBay.

Have they said that this will not work with 8?

So

Itll only work with 9 as far as i know

Im keeping everything...i have the launchpad over my keyboard so i can launch clips and jam...dont be too hasty ;)

I completely forgot that I wont be paying full price for the 9 upgrade!

Apparently it'll just run $159 to standard 9 :D

So, I might be able to pick up Push and 9 after all if I can be a little thrifty
and avoid this Bogner Uberschall Distortion Pedal | Sweetwater.com along with $210 speeding tickets for going 94 in a 65 :eek:

Lol, drive slowly..think "push"

I think i can go to suite 8 for $179 then Suite 9 is free...and so is max4live...i boight live educational for $300 ;)

Saving moneys half the fun...plus if you havent sat through those videos you need to, this is going to be brilliant

Lol, drive slowly..think "push"

I think i can go to suite 8 for $179 then Suite 9 is free...and so is max4live...i boight live educational for $300 ;)

Saving moneys half the fun...plus if you havent sat through those videos you need to, this is going to be brilliant

:thumbs up:

I can't stop watching those videos.
I put my Tube MP, and MPK on eBay last. Shipped them today ;)

And it looks like my other stuff is being looked at too.

I'll keep the launchpad though. It will still get tons of use im sure because of how compact it is.

I actually just saw this: Novation Launchpad Controller - Limited Edition White | Musician's Friend
It's hard not to buy it :p "...well it is just $150. and it'll have resale value..."

Back