Ableton Live 6

melodies5

Hey,

I have the chance to get ableton live 6 for a decent price, but am wondering is it getting to the stage where 6 is a bit old now?

I am just starting out recording, have used Live 7 before and thought it was great, but just want to make sure going back to 6, now that version 8 is out will be a bit of a step backwards.

I want to record and make songs, and learn what Live has to offer. Is it worth getting 6?

note, I wont be able to upgrade for sometime, but do know its a possibility in the future.

Thanks

Ive never used Live 6 but did play with Live 7 before purchasing 8...the biggest difference for me was the way it warps audio..7, and previous, move the time markers to the transients...8 its the other, more natural, way round

that being said I can find no comparison chart between 6 and 8 so it would be hard for me to say...it might be something to ask on the ableton forum..

I would say that if it matches the price of say the Intro version Id buy it...it gets you on the upgrade ladder, has far less limitations, and I think the lack of 8's features wont be a huge hindrance, but post up at ableton first and see what the users there say

Back